Terms and Conditions of Egoditor GmbH
Applicable to all signups from 22 October 2020.
- The Egoditor GmbH, Am Lenkwerk 13, 33609 Bielefeld (hereinafter referred to: Egoditor) develops, operates and provides various services in the fields of, among others, the creation, design, management and analysis of QR Codes, vCards, (mobile) websites and the related tools and advisory services for its customers (hereinafter referred to: user).
- These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to: Ts&Cs) regulate any referred to these Ts&Cs contractual relationships between Egoditor and the user. The Ts&Cs apply to all offers and services of Egoditor, as well as to all agreements and service relationships between Egoditor and the user. This applies regardless of whether the making of declarations, the logging in, the registration, the contract conclusion, the service or the reception of services occur inside or outside of Germany.
- Terms and Conditions of the user, which is a corporation in terms of § 14 BGB, contrary to or differing from the ones constituted here are only valid, if Egoditor expressly approves their validity in writing; such an approvement by Egoditor can neither be inferred from mere silence nor from an uncontradicted or unreserved provision or receipt of agreed services or fees. Corporations in terms of § 14 BGB are natural or legal persons or partnerships with legal capacity which execute their commercial or self-employed profession upon conclusion of the legal transaction.
- The services of Egoditor may generally be used for private and commercial purposes, unless it is expressly stated that an exclusively private or exclusively commercial use is permitted.
- The services of Egoditor are exclusively intended for persons of full age, in the case of natural persons. The user gives an assurance to be of full age and of full legal capacity at the time of registration and at the point of use.
- The object of the contract is the respective use of the respective specifically agreed service of Egoditor by the respective user, whether against payment or free of charge.
- The user undertakes only to provide complete, correct and current information when registering, entering data or setting up and to correct or update data if necessary. The use of pseudonyms, nicknames or professional names is not allowed. Unauthorized multiple registrations of a user are to be omitted.
- The user is himself responsible for his password selected in connection with the registration. This password must not be made available for unauthorized third parties. If the user does not follow these instructions, he shall be liable for the resulting damages. Egoditor will not make the password available for third parties and will not ask the user – with the exception of log-in processes – for the password, not even over the telephone or by email.
- The presentation of services on the websites of Egoditor does not represent a legally binding offer of Egoditor, but a non-binding invitation for the user to submit a corresponding offer. The processes and technical steps that lead to a binding offer by the user will be explained in the respective concrete service sections.
- Before the submission of the respective legally binding offer by the user, he has to explicitly confirm that he has read and accepts these Ts&Cs and the cancellation instructions by clicking on the checkbox provided for it. Before the submission of a binding order or registration by clicking on the corresponding button the user can check the data entered and change it if necessary.
- Upon submission of the binding order or registration by the user and the associated legally binding offer by the user, an email will be sent to his specified email address. This email confirms the receivement of the order or registration by Egoditor, but does not constitute the acceptance of the offer made by the user, except this email is expressly declared to be the order confirmation by Egoditor. The user shall ensure that the email address, which he has given, is correct and that emails sent by Egoditor can be received and will not be blocked e.g. in case spam filters are used.
- Egoditor may accept the offer made by the user within one week either by express acceptance or order confirmation or by the provision of the contractual services or by starting the provision of the contractual services (in case of continuous obligations or if the services are contractually agreed to be provided in two or more parts).
- The user grants to Egoditor a non-exclusive, non-transferable, temporally and regionally unlimited right to use the user’s name, trademarks and logos free of charge (i) for the purpose of referencing the user as a customer of Egoditor on the Egoditor website(s) and (ii) in the production of marketing materials, provided that such use is in accordance with data protection law and any trademark and logo use guidelines that the user provides to Egoditor. The user guarantees that the holder of the copyright has given consent to use the copyright, including the transfer of the usage right to Egoditor. The user declares that the authorship has not to be named by Egoditor. All goodwill developed from such use shall be solely for the user’s benefit.
- The concrete contractual services of Egoditor result from the respective concrete presentation within the individual service sections. The same applies to the scope of services, the service period, obligations of the user to pay remuneration and further concrete service conditions.
- The services provided by Egoditor depend to a considerable extent on the availability of third parties, in particular also on the availability and accessibility of, for example, the worldwide Internet and mobile communications infrastructure, data centers, telephone lines, mobile communication networks, domains, apps etc. The user is aware of and acknowledges that for this reason, the contractual services must be completely or partly, permanently or temporary, discontinued, restricted, blocked or modified for all or individual users if necessary.
- Egoditor is authorized to use programs that allow conclusions on the usage behaviour of users. This information increases the safety, optimizes the services of Egoditor and is handled confidentially in due compliance with the provisions and regulations of data protection.
- The user is obligated to use the products and services provided by Egoditor in due compliance with the statutory and legal provisions. The user guarantees particularly not to use, provide or link contents that violate the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany and the European Union, current penal laws, youth protection laws, provisions and regulations of data protection, regulations of the Telecommunication Act, the Telemedia Act or any rights of third parties. The user is obligated to ensure and check this continuously and properly in his own responsibility.
- The user is obligated to refrain from everything that may affect the functionality of services provided or arranged by Egoditor. This also applies to, among others, the use of viruses, malicious software or software that automatically generates user requests via the Internet or in another way. The user will also not change, manipulate, overwrite, copy or distribute website areas or website areas of other users provided by Egoditor or their service providers.
- The user’s contractual services and rights may neither be transferred to third parties nor provided to third parties for use. The user is under obligation to prevent any unauthorized third parties from accessing services provided or mediated by Egoditor or services of third parties by corresponding precautions according to the current state of art. The user commits himself further to keep secret sensitive data (e.g. his password) and, in case of misuse or suspected misuse, to change his password immediately and conveniently as well as to notify Egoditor immediately of the misuse or suspected misuse.
- The user is responsible for technical devices, means of communication, hardware and software that he uses. This also applies to their appropriateness and security. His obligation to pay for any agreed usage fees or other remunerations remains unaffected from a possible failure or malfunction of these devices or means of communication. The user will immediately notify Egoditor of any failures or malfunctions and describe their circumstances and details as precisely as possible.
- The user undertakes to take care of the continuous, correct and appropriate security of his data and is responsible, insofar as an occurred damage was not caused by Egoditor intentionally or through gross negligence.
- In accordance with legislation the user is under obligation to identify or let identify content used or entered by him as his own or external content and in particular to comply with the legal disclaimer obligations properly and completely.
- If the user violates his statutory and contractual obligations and duties, he is fully liable for the resulting damages. Egoditor is not obligated to check the usage behavior of the user or the users’ used, provided or linked contents for possible legal or contractual violations. In the event of violations, illegal contents or suspected misuse, Egoditor shall, irrespective of this, be entitled to delete, block or restrict the contractual services, corresponding contents, links or codes without prior notice.
- Egoditor’s aim is a continuous availability and an error-free functionality of their provided services. Egoditor provides users their contractual services or their mediated services around the clock, but shall reserve the right to, as necessary and to a reasonable extent, restrict or shut down the systems occasionally during off-peak times for maintenance or performance optimization. This does not apply as a breach of contractual obligations by Egoditor. Temporary access restrictions or the abovementioned failures do not result in warranty claims of the user and do not set up the right for an extraordinary termination by the user.
- Egoditor excludes any liability for slightly negligent breaches of duty, unless this concerns damage caused by the impairment of life, body or health or the infringement of guarantees or claims under the Product Liability Act are affected. The liability due to fraudulent misrepresentation or breaches of essential contractual obligations whose fulfillment is essential for the due and proper implementation of the contract and whose fulfillment users may regularly rely on remains unaffected. In the event of a slightly negligent breach of these essential contractual obligations Egoditor shall only be liable to Corporations in terms of § 14 BGB for foreseeable damages that are typical of the contract. The same applies to breaches of duty by Egoditor’s statutory representatives or vicarious agents.
- Egoditor shall not be liable for any interruptions, disturbances, limitations or other performance obstacles based on circumstances beyond Egoditor’s range of influence.
- The user is aware of and accepts that software and web presences cannot be created entirely free of errors according to the current state of art. It might also occur that a code cannot be read, interpreted or processed by any terminal device. Despite Egoditor’s dutiful efforts this cannot be completely ruled out by Egoditor. Furthermore, Egoditor cannot assume liability for this or damages of terminal devices caused thereby.
- The user releases Egoditor and their statutory representatives, vicarious agents and legal successors from all claims, demands, compensation claims, damage claims, losses, damages, rights, grievances, complaints and fees resulting from any violation of rights for which the user, his statutory representatives or vicarious agents are responsible for, e.g. the violation of contractual, statutory or official regulations or specifications, the violation of the industrial property rights, copyrights, trademark rights, characteristic rights, personal rights or other legal violations. The release also includes legal costs of an appropriate legal defense. The release is without prejudice to the obligations of the user to compensate Egoditor for damages caused by him, his statutory representatives or vicarious agents.
- Unless the corresponding service of Egoditor is free of charge, compensations and fees to be paid by the user if necessary are concretely presented within the respective service sections including all related price components respectively calculation basis, payment processes and payment terms. The corresponding contractual invoice will be made available to the user by mail, email or for download in his account with or after the acceptance of the contract.
- In the event of a change of the legal value added tax, Egoditor may adjust compensations or fees or prices for products or services from the date on which the change of the legal value added tax takes effect.
- Egoditor is not obligated to provide or unlock contractual services before receipt of payment, unless it is contractually agreed otherwise between Egoditor and the user.
- Egoditor reserves the right to charge for services that were previously made available free of charge after corresponding announcement and/or to discontinue providing services that are free of charge.
- Compensations or fees will become due at the time of accepting the contract by Egoditor on the basis of the contractual agreement to pay and are to be paid in advance for the agreed contract period or the agreed part of the contract period.
- In the event of a delay of payment, Egoditor may claim damages from the user caused by delay in addition to the statutory default interests or may retain contractual services until full payment. The user is obligated to reimburse costs resulting from return debits to the extent that it is liable for the event which triggered the costs.
- If the user fails to comply with his contractual payment obligations, Egoditor may set an appropriate period of grace with a threat of termination, after the expiry of which Egoditor may extraordinarily terminate the contract with the user and delete any data immediately without implying a separate contractual obligation to delete data immediately.
- If the user does not make use of contractual services, this does not release him from his payment obligations.
- All rights to the services of Egoditor and their labeling including any trademarks, patents, copyrights, licence rights or any other property rights or other rights are exclusively those of Egoditor and may only be used in accordance with the explicit contractual agreements and in the same way as contractually agreed and only for the contractually agreed period of time. In particular, the user is not allowed to copy, change or disassemble software or to create any processing thereof attempt to ascertain the source code. Furthermore, the user is not authorized to sell, assign software or other products or services, insofar to issue sub-licenses or insofar to transfer other rights to third parties or claim any rights. The rights of the user to contents brought in by him remain unaffected.
- If the contractual use of services or mediation services provided by Egoditor is affected by property rights of third parties without Egoditor’s fault, Egoditor may discontinue the hereby affected services. In this case, Egoditor will inform the user without delay and offer an appropriate substitute solution if possible.
- The contract is effective for the period concretely agreed by Egoditor and the user (contract duration) in accordance with the contractually agreed period of notice. Insofar as not explicitly agreed otherwise, the contract may be terminated with a notice period of one month prior to the end of the contract. Should no termination take place, the contract is extended for the same period of time. Insofar as no maturity date is contractually agreed, the contract shall be concluded for an indefinite period with a notice period of one month to the expiration of the first complete 12 contract month, afterwards to the end of the respective calendar year.
- Termination must be made in writing.
- The user may delete created accounts and contents at any time without stating reasons without implying that payment obligations of the user end in case of a lack of an effective contract termination.
- After termination of the contract, Egoditor is not obligated to store or keep available contents, links or data.
- In case of a blocking or deletion by Egoditor due to a premature blocking or deletion requested or induced by the user, no claims for restitution can be made against Egoditor.
- The mutual right to extraordinary termination for important reason remains unaffected. Such an important reason exists for Egoditor, if the user violates fundamental contractual or legal obligations significantly, violates contractual obligations in spite of a warning, affects the safety of systems of Egoditor, other users or third parties, changes or manipulates services of Egoditor or their vicarious agents, provided or provides incorrect data on registration or during the term of the contract, provides or uses racist, pornographic, violent, immoral or illegal content or violates property rights or personal rights of Egoditor or third parties.
- A blocked or cancelled user is not permitted to otherwise access or try to access the services of Egoditor.
- Prepaid fees or remunerations will only be refunded in cases where Egoditor is responsible for the extraordinary termination.
- As long as the user concludes the contract as a consumer in terms of § 13 BGB, i.e. as a natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is outside his trade, business or profession, the following shall apply:
Right of withdrawal. The user may withdraw his contractual declaration within a period of fourteen (14) days without reason in writing (e.g. letter, fax, email). The term starts with receipt of these instructions in writing, however not before contract conclusion and not before the fulfillment of the obligation of Egoditor according to 246 § 2 EGBGB in combination with § 1 paragraph 1 and 2 EGBGB as well as the obligations of Egoditor according to § 312 g paragraph 1 sentence 2 BGB in combination with 246 § 3 EGBGB. The withdrawal deadline is deemed to be met if the notice of withdrawal was sent in a timely fashion.
The revocation is to be sent to:
Am Lenkwerk 13
ای میل: email@example.com
- Cancellation consequences. In the event of a valid cancellation, the services received by either party and any benefits (e.g. interest) that may have been accrued shall be returned. Should the user be partially or wholly unable to return the services and benefits (e.g. benefits of use) received from Egoditor or only to do so in a deteriorated condition the user shall to this extent provide compensation accordingly. This may result in the user being required to fulfill his contractual payment obligations for the period up to the termination. Obligations to reimburse payments must be discharged within 30 days. The period shall commence with the sending of the declaration of revocation by the user, and for Egoditor with the receipt thereof.
- Premature expiration of the right of withdrawal. The right of withdrawal expires prematurely, if the contract with express consent of the user has been fulfilled completely by Egoditor and the user before the end of the cancellation period.
Agreement for the performance of services before end of the cancellation period
The user agrees explicitly that Egoditor commences with the performance of contractual services before end of the cancellation period. The user has taken note that for this reason and in accordance with § 312 e paragraph 2 BGB deviating from § 357 paragraph 1 BGB he has to pay compensation according to the legal regulations on rescission.
End of the agreement for the performance of services before end of the cancellation period.
- German law shall apply to the exclusion of German, supranational and intergovernmental referral law that does not refer to the German substantive law. This leaves compelling arrangements of the law of the country where the customer usually resides untouched, if the customer is a consumer in terms of § 13 BGB and if he fulfilled the legal acts necessary for the conclusion of the contract in the country of his usual residence.
- In the event of disputes resulting from or in connection with the business relationship with users, Egoditor’s registered office is also the legal venue, if users are merchants, juristic persons under public law or special fund under public law or have no general legal venue in Germany or in another EU member state or change their residence to a foreign country after these Ts&Cs have come into effect or if the residence or place of habitual residence of the user is not known at the time of the filing of the complaint. Egoditor’s capacity to appeal to another court of jurisdiction remains thereby unaffected.
- If individual regulations of these Ts&Cs should be ineffective or legally invalid, the effectiveness of the remaining regulations is not to be affected thereby.
- Egoditor reserves the right to change these Ts&Cs in an adequate and reasonable way. The user will be informed via email about the changes at least one month before the planned implementation of the new version of the Ts&Cs. If the user does not object the applicability of the updated terms within six (6) weeks after receipt of the notification, the amended terms are deemed to be accepted by the user. Egoditor will inform the user separately and in an appropriate form about the relevance of the above mentioned six-week period and his right of refusal and the consequences of his silence. In the event of a refusal of the consent, Egoditor reserves the right to terminate the contractual relationship.
Object and Conclusion of Contract
Services of Egoditor
Rights and Obligations of the User
Defaults, Liability and Exemption
Compensation and Delay
Data and Property Rights
Contract Duration and Contract Termination
Rights of Withdrawal for Consumers
As long as the user concludes the contract as a consumer in terms of § 13 BGB, i.e. as a natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is outside his trade, business or profession, the following shall apply: